Thursday, June 16, 2016

New York City Rough Draft

Did a little planning on what I would like to do on our day trip to New York City. My wife's friend Rachel is living in NYC currently and may have some better ideas or tweaks to what I have now, but this is our start anyway.

We will be once again using mass transit to get around, but this time we will be taking the transit train into Penn Station, and then from there we bounce around the city on the subway. There are a couple things I really want to do as I've only ever seen New York's Skyline from New Jersey and have never had the opportunity to really experience the city.

Central Park! I want to walk through it at least part of it, I find it truly amazing to have a park like that in one of the busiest places on earth. Areas of Central Park I'd like to explore include Bow Bridge, Bethesda Fountain & Gapstow Bridge.

I'd also like to visit the 9/11 Memorial and take a trip up to the One World Observatory and check out the city from the highest point building in the Western Hemisphere. Before we head back uptown to the Time Square area, being the financial guy that I am ,I'd like to stop the Charging Bull near Wall Street for a photo.

Depending on the view from One World Observatory of the Statue of Liberty a trip to Battery Park may also be on the itinerary.


The rest of the day is the biggest question mark, my wife's friend Rachel has some Broadway connections and there is a possibility she may be able to get us some show tickets at a reduced cost.  If those plans or options fall through just hanging out around the Time Square area may still be fun. Seeing places like Bryant Park, Radio City Music Hall, St. Patrick's Cathedral & Rockefeller Center.

Then its back to Penn Station to take the train back to our car.